Monday, January 17, 2011

FEMALE: from P-town to P-town!

Artifacts that represent me culturally. 




Artifact 1: Make-up
            I rarely leave the house without having makeup on my face, not that I consider my self high-    maintenance; rather I like to look my best when I leave my   house. On a daily basis I wear makeup that is conservative and when I get  ready for special events I tend to wear more makeup. I think this is a cultural thing to do in America because we think that more makeup highlights our facial features. 





Artifact 2: Jewelry
            I hold dear to several pieces of jewelry because they connect me to my family. My turquoise ring is a family heirloom that my grandmother passed on to me and I will eventually give to one of my daughters. The neat thing about this ring is that my great uncle made it for my grandmother and I always loved hearing the story of how the ring was made. I also have a wedding ring that shows my commitment and love to my husband.



Artifact 3: Keys
            My keys have a significant purpose in my life each day. Everyday I use them for different purposes. For example I use keys for the mailbox, doors to my house and my car. My keys give me the access to a home. Here I feel safe knowing that my husband and I are the only ones who can enter our house and gives me a sense of security. My car keys allow me to use my car to travel to my various obligations and leisure activities. As an American it is a part of our culture to own a home, drive a car and receive mail on a daily basis.



What are your artifacts? 


2 comments:

  1. my camera. my turquoise table. my craft box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am just going to say that you are lucky to still have the turq. ring and your wedding ring after Leni came and stayed with you last week! She knows where the good stuff is!

    ReplyDelete